My Blog List

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Terse - 5

Our Father Who art in heaven,

hallowed be Thy name,

Thy kingdom come,

Thy will be done

on earth as it is in heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread,

and forgive us our trespasses,

as we forgive those who trespass against us,

and lead us not into temptation,

but deliver us from evil.

Canticle of Ezechias

Is. 38, 10-20

I SAID: In the midst of my days I shall go to the gates of hell:

I sought for the residue of my years. I said: I shall not see the Lord God in the land of the living.

I shall behold man no more, nor the inhabitant of rest.

My generation is at an end, and it is rolled away from me, as a shepherd’s tent.

My life is cut off, as by a weaver: whilst I was yet but beginning, he cut me off: from morning even to night thou wilt make an end of me.

I hoped till morning, as a lion so hath he broken all my bones:

From morning even to night thou wilt make an end of me. I will cry like a young swallow, I will meditate like a dove:

My eyes are weakened looking upward:

Lord, I suffer violence, answer thou for me. What shall I say, or what shall he answer for me, whereas he himself hath done it?

I will recount to thee all my years in the bitterness of my soul.

O Lord, if man’s life be such, and the life of my spirit be in such things as these, thou shalt correct me, and make me to live. Behold in peace is my bitterness most bitter:

But thou hast delivered my soul that it should not perish, thou hast cast all my sins behind thy back.

For hell shall not confess to thee, neither shall death praise thee: nor shall they that go down into the pit, look for thy truth.

The living, the living, he shall give praise to thee, as I do this day: the father shall make thy truth known to the children.

O Lord, save me, and we will sing our psalms all the days of our life in the house of the Lord.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost.

As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Ant. Thou shalt correct me, O Lord, and make me to live.

Ant. 5 Praise ye.

Canticle of Tobias

Tob. 13, 1-10

THOU art great, O Lord, for ever, and thy kingdom is unto all ages:

For thou scourgest, and thou savest: thou leadest down to hell, and bringest up again: and there is none that can escape thy hand.

Give glory to the Lord, ye children of Israel, and praise him in the sight of the Gentiles:

Because he hath therefore scattered you among the Gentiles, who know not him, that you may declare his wonderful works, and make them know that there is no other almighty God besides him.

He hath chastised us for our iniquities: and he will save us for his own mercy.

See then what he hath done with us, and with fear and trembling give ye glory to him: and extol the eternal King of worlds in your works.

As for me, I will praise him in the land of my captivity: because he hath shewn his majesty toward a sinful nation.

Be converted therefore, ye sinners, and do justice before God, believing that he will shew his mercy to you.

And I and my soul will rejoice in him.

Bless ye the Lord, all his elect, keep days of joy, and give glory to him.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost.

As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Ant. Extol the eternal King of worlds in your works.

Ant. 5 Praise ye.

TERSE

OPEN OUR HEARTS, O LORD AND ENLIGHTEN US BY THE GRACE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT THAT WE MAY SEEK WHAT IS PLEASING TO YOUR WILL AND SO ORDER OUR LIVES ACCORDING TO YOUR COMMANDMENTS THAT WE MAY BE FOUND WORTHY TO ENTER YOUR UNENDING JOYS THROUGH JESUS CHRIST OUR ONLY LORD AND MOST LOVING SAVIOUR, WHO WE BESEECH TO REVEAL YOURSELF TO US WHO ASK YOU, SO THAT KNOWING YOU WE MAY LOVE YOU ALONE BY DAY AND BY NIGHT AND EVER HOLD YOU IN OUR THOUGHTS.
FILL US WITH YOUR LOVE AS IS FITTING FOR YOU TO BE LOVED AND HONOURED AS OUR GOD, SO THAT LOVE MAY FILL THE INNER DEPTHS OF OUR BEING AND YOUR LOVE MAY OWN US ALL AND YOUR AFFECTION MAY FILL ALL OUR SENSES SO THAT WE MAY KNOW NO OTHER LOVE APART FROM YOU, THE FOUNTAIN OF THE WATER OF LIFE ALWAYS TO BE DESIRED AND DRUNK, SPRINGING UP TO ETERNAL LIFE UNTO THE ENDLESS AGES OF AGES TO COME

THE HOLY GOSPEL ACCORDING TO ST. JOHN (CH. 14:26-31 & CH. 15:1-4)

When the Comforter, the Holy Spirit, Whom the Father will send in My name, has come, He shall teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I have said unto you. My peace I leave with you, My peace I give unto you: not as the world gives do I give unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. You have heard how I said unto you, “I go away, and come again unto you.” If you loved Me, you would rejoice, because I said, “I go unto the Father”: for My Father is greater than I. And now I have told you before it comes to pass, that, when it comes to pass, you might believe. I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world comes, and has nothing in Me. But that the world may know that I love the Father; and as the Father gave Me commandment, so I do: arise, let us go from here.

I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away: and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bring forth more fruit. Now you are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. Abide in Me, and I in you.

Glory to God forever. Amen.

· Hymns and Prayers at the Hours and Baptismal Lessons and Prayers

No comments: